- 2 carrot stick, chopped into tiny pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion or half of one large onion
- 1 small yellow, red, or orange bell pepper, chopped 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 15 oz. cans of fire roasted diced tomatoes 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 heaping teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- After cleaning the carrots, place them in a food processor and process until they are small pieces, note the photo above. If you don’t have a food processor, you can has a box grater or purchase pre shredded carrots and chop.
- Heat oil in a large pot over mediumhigh heat, add chopped carrots and onions to pan and sauté about 1 minute, the onions will start to soften. Add the peppers to the pan and sauté until they start to soften. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, reduce heat to a simmer and allow to cook 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Taste and add salt to taste.
- Allow sauce cool a bit before adding to blender or food processor if you choose to serve a less chunky sauce. Process sauce until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer sauce to storage container and store in the fridge until ready to use or serve immediately with pasta if your choice. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and serve.
- If serving sauce immediately, while sauce is cooking prepare your pasta of choice. When pasta is ready serve with pasta sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 6.9
- Sodium: 447.5
- Fat: 4.8
- Saturated Fat: 0.7
- Carbohydrates: 12.8
- Fiber: 5.5
- Protein: 2.3
- Cholesterol: 0