- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno
- dash of sea salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup taco seasoning
- 2 cans of 14.5 oz. fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cans of 15 oz. black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- Optional garnishes: sliced red onions, sour cream, sliced avocado, sliced jalapeno,lime wedges,and tortilla chips.
- Heat large stock pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, and then add in onions, garlic and chopped jalapeno and salt and pepper. Saute until onions are translucent, about 1 and a half minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 25 to 30 minutes
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Garnish and serve with a squeeze of lime and tortilla chips.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 7.5
- Sodium: 994
- Fat: 7.7
- Saturated Fat: 1.2
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Fiber: 8.6
- Protein: 5.6