Cozy up with a cup of Decadent Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate topped with creamy coconut cream and toasted coconut.
There is nothing like cozying up on the couch with a cup of silky smooth, creamy, decadent hot chocolate when it’s cold out. But lately it’s felt more like summer here in Texas with temperatures near 80. So I bump the AC temp down just a notch, grab a blanket, a spot on the couch and watch Christmas movies while sipping hot chocolate.
That’s hot chocolate, not hot cocoa, there is a difference you know. Hot chocolate is solid bits of chocolate melted with warm milk while hot cocoa is dry cocoa powder mixed with warm milk. Both are delicious, but to me there is something extra special about the silky texture of warm melted chocolate mixed with smooth creamy milk, dairy-free for me.
I’m a dairy-free milk girl so for this recipe I am using one of the Almond Breeze blends, Almond/Coconut and it’s topped off with coconut cream and toasted coconut. Warning this is a very decadent recipe, adding extra milk will make it less rich.
It’s so simple, just warm your milk, add chocolate and stir. When the chocolate is all melted pour in a mug and top with whipped coconut cream and toasted coconut.
Not into coconut? Choose another blend, in fact Almond Breeze has a brand new blend of Almondmilk and Cashewmilk. You can top it off with shaved chocolate, caramel sauce, crushed peppermint candy, pumpkin spice or the good old traditional marshmallows the list is endless. Have fun with it!
Make this and you’ll be crowned Hot Chocolate Queen or King.Print
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- coconut chips, toasted
- 2 cups AlmondMilk Coconut Blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 8 oz. semi-sweet dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 or 2 tablespoons maple syrup as sweetener (optional)
- Gently open can of coconut milk and scoop off the top thickened cream. You can use the clear liquid on the bottom in smoothies.
- Transfer to covered storage container and store in fridge until ready for use.
- Place a hand full of coconut chips in a dry saute pan on medium heat and saute dry until lightly toasted. Transfer to a bowl,set aside until ready for use.
- Place milk and one cinnamon stick in medium saucepan over medium heat until hot, but not boiling about 180 to 190 degrees.
- Stir in chocolate until all melted and smooth.
- Pour into mug, garnish with whipped coconut cream and toasted coconut.
- Serve and enjoy!!!
I blended my AlmondBreeze with chocolate, what will you blend with yours? To celebrate their newest blend AlmondBreeze is giving away a kitchen prize pack. Visit AlmondBreezeBlendabilities.com and submit what you will make with their newest blend for a chance to win.
This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Kitchen Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious Blendabilities at AlmondBreezeBlendabilities.com.
Linked to the following: Costal Charm Show and Share Link Party, Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Link Party, Home Stories A to Z, Oh My Hearts Girl Wordless Wednesday, The Melrose Family Whimsy Wednesday Link Party0