- 2 15oz. cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic
- juice of 1 lime and 1 lemon or simply use one of the same
- 2 to 3 jalapeño peppers, diced, more if you like it really spicy
- 1 or 2 hand fulls of fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- salt to taste
- Tomato Topping
- 1 ½ cup sliced grape tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- drizzle of avocado or olive oil
- Place all hummus ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- In another bowl mix together the tomato topping ingredients and spoon some of the mixture on top of the hummus.
- Serve with veggie slices, tortilla chips or crackers.
This Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus is great as a sandwich or wrap spread.