- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup pitted and diced kalamata olives
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons chiffonaded fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in the hot water until soft, then drain well, reserving the water.
- Place in a food processor or blender with the remaining ingredients, along with 2 tablespoons of the reserved soak water, process until smooth. Add in more of the reserved water if needed.
For variations you can add additional herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, marjoram, oregano or fresh rosemary.
- Serving Size: 1.2 oz.
- Calories: 20
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 110
- Fat: 1.5
- Carbohydrates: 1