- 1 16 oz. package fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups diced jicama, about half of a large jicama
- juice of one lemon or lime
- agave nectar (optional)
- 3 tablespoons, chopped mint
- Wash and hull strawberries, place on a paper towel and pat dry. Slice strawberries into a large bowl.
- Wash and pat dry blueberries and add to the strawberries.
- Peel and slice a large jicama in half. Place jicama flat side down and slice 4 to 5 ¼ to ½ inch slices and set aside. Continue to slice and dice the remaining jicama until you have 2 cups.
- Place jicama in the bowl with the berries, add the lemon or lime juice and mint.
- If you want to add an extra bit of sweetness, drizzle with a small amount of agave nectar, I added 3 teaspoons.
- Toss gently with a spoon or use your hand to mix. Transfer to serving dish.
- For an extra patriotic feel cut stars out of the sliced jicama that was set aside earlier and place on salad.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 12.8
- Sodium: 4.5
- Fat: 0.4
- Carbohydrates: 21.6
- Fiber: 5.9
- Protein: 1.4
- Cholesterol: 0