- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ¾ cup chopped carrots
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon, cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- sea salt to taste
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, brush washed and dried tomatoes with olive oil.
- Place tomatoes on a shallow baking pan and place in heated oven and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until they are soft, toss occasionally to avoid sticking.
- While tomatoes are roasting, sauté onions and carrots in a sauce pot with 1 tablespoon olive oil until they have started to soften.
- Add in garlic and continue to sauté until garlic becomes fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in vinegar, lemon juice, cinnamon, brown sugar, roasted tomatoes and a dash of sea salt.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook until mixture thickens, about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking.
- Taste and season with more salt as needed and add a dash of red pepper flakes if you like a bit of heat.
- Transfer to glass container for storage.
- Enjoy with just about anything you like.
- Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
- Calories: 22
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 63.9
- Fat: 1.2
- Saturated Fat: 0.2
- Carbohydrates: 2.8
- Fiber: 0.4
- Protein: 0.3