- WILD BLUEBERRY SAUCE
- 1 lb.wild blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup agave or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- LEMON RICOTTA SPREAD
- 1 cup Ricotta
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of one medium lemon
- 2 teaspoons agave or maple syrup (optional)
- Toast slices
- fresh mint
- Place blueberries and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. When berries start to boil, stir in agave or maple syrup and reduce to a simmer.
- Mix cornstarch with the water until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Stir mixture into berries, continue to simmer an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer to serving or storage container, cover and set aside.
- While berries are simmering, mix together Ricotta cheese, lemon juice, zest, and agave or syrup if using.
- Spread toast with Ricotta, top with berries and garnish with mint.