Amazingly simple and easy pumpkin pancakes served with sliced apples in a pumpkin cream sauce. Perfect for serving on a lazy fall morning or for Thanksgiving Day breakfast.
Apples in Cream
1 1/2 pounds of good cooking apples
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon pumpkin purée
3/4 cup heavy cream
Easy Pumpkin Pancakes
1 cup complete mix-with-water pancake mix
3/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- Peel, core, and slice apples. Place sliced apples in a medium skillet or saucepan and add the sugar. Place on burner and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly with a silicone spatula or wooden spoon. After about 5 minutes sugar should be completely melted.
- Add butter to the pan when the sugar has completely melted, stir to combine. Add the pumpkin puree and the pumpkin pie spice to the pan and stir to combine.
- Pour cream into the pan slowly while stirring gently. Allow apples to cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and set aside. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Mix all ingredients for pancakes in a medium bowl.
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat or an electric griddle to 375 degrees. Coat your non-stick skillet or griddle lightly with butter or cooking spray.
- Pour slightly less than ¼ cup of batter onto the pan or griddle. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the edges start to firm up. Using a spatula, gently flip the pancake and cook for another minute or until golden. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with warm apples and cream sauce.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for a week.
How to Freeze Pancakes: To freeze allow pancakes to cool completely. Freeze in a single layer on a baking sheet. When pancakes are frozen place pancakes between sheets of freezer paper or parchment paper. Place in a vacuum seal bag or freezer bag, and seal removing as much air as possible. Freeze for up to 2 months.
How to Freeze Apple & Pumpkin Cream Sauce: Place in an airtight container and seal, and place in freezer. This sauce can be frozen for up to 2 months.
How to Thaw and Reheat Pancakes: Once the pancakes are frozen you can pull out as many as you want at a time. You can reheat them in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time until they reach the desired temperature, in the oven place pancakes in a foil-covered dish, heat the oven to 375 degrees, and allow to heat for 10 minutes. In the toaster, simply toast for 2 to 3 minutes.
How to Thaw Apple & Pumpkin Cream Sauce: When ready to use, allow the sauce to thaw in the fridge. Reheat the sauce in the microwave or on the stovetop in a saucepan.
Keywords: pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin spice, pancakes, apples, caramel apple,