- 3 cups dried coconut flakes, plus 1 1/2 tablespoon for sprinkling
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup (if you like a sweeter candy, add in 2 to 3 tablespoons of natural cane sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 4 oz of dark chocolate, I used Scharffen Berger Dark Chocolate
- Place 2 cups of dried coconut flakes into food processor and process for ten minutes, scraping down sides as needed.
- Coconut will become soft and moist (you will have coconut butter).
- Scrape down sides and add in maple syrup, vanilla, and salt.
- Process until mixture forms into a ball. Place mixture in a large bowl and add in the final cup of dried coconut, use your hands to incorporate.
- Scoop out one tablespoon at a time and from into balls between the palm your hands.
- Place balls on parchment lined baking pan and place in fridge for 30 minutes to and hour or until balls are firm.
- Melt chocolate slowly in a stainless steel bowl over simmering water, stirring gently until completely melted and smooth.
- Roll balls in melted chocolate until completely covered. Scoop out using a fork and place back on parchment lined baking pan. When all balls are covered, sprinkle with coconut and place back into fridge and chill until chocolate has hardened.
- Share with family and friends or keep them all to yourself. Store what’s left in covered container in the fridge.
- Have fun and enjoy!
- Cuisine: Sweet Treats, Vegan
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 9.6
- Sodium: 18.3
- Fat: 13.2
- Saturated Fat: 11.1
- Carbohydrates: 13.6
- Fiber: 3.2
- Protein: 1.5
- Cholesterol: 0