- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 8oz. box linguine
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoond chopped shallots
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup Wente Riva Ranch Chardonnay
- 1 pound of fresh brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- crusty baguette
- Drain and spin the sliced brussels sprout to remove the water, place in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small dry skillet over medium heat, toast the pine nuts, when toasted, set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, then scoop it out of the water and place in a big bowl.
- While the water is boiling for the pasta, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until soft, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the garlic and pinch of salt, saute until fragrant, about 30 to 40 seconds.
- Add the wine and brussels sprouts to the pan and cook until sprouts start to soften.
- Remove from heat and toss in the shaved parmesan.
- Transfer sprouts to the bowl with the pasta, toss in the red pepper flakes, taste and season with more salt if needed.