- 1 cup wheat berries, uncooked
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups sliced cucumbers
- 4 cups chopped green leaf lettuce or lettuce of your choice
- 1/2 cup sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions (green onions)
- 2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Place wheat berries, four cups of water in small stock pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cover with top. Stirring occasionally.
- When berries have cooked for about 35 minutes, start checking for doneness. Berries should be chewy not tough or hard. Check every 5 to 10 minutes until done. Should take about 40 minutes.
- Drain berries and transfer to large bowl.
- While wheat berries are cooking, prepare veggies and place them in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Toss the wheat berries with the veggies, spoon onto serving dish, drizzle with some of the dressing, serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2 Cups
- Calories: 301
- Sugar: 10.7
- Sodium: 176.5
- Fat: 10.1
- Saturated Fat: 2.3
- Carbohydrates: 50.3
- Fiber: 9.1
- Protein: 6.9
- Cholesterol: 0