Have you ever had one of those days when you haven’t done a grocery run, don’t want to do a grocery run, but you’re super hungry?
Well, it was one of those situations in which this recipe came to life. I went through the fridge and found some sugar snap peas that were purchased 5 days earlier, they had been pushed to the back of the crisper drawer. I had totally forgotten that I had purchased them. Does this happen to any of you?, please tell me it does, I need to know I’m not the only one who does this.
I normally eat sugar snap peas raw with dip, but I wasn’t in the raw mood. I decided to spiralize some carrots and since I always have frozen peas in the freezer, I added them to the mix, they’re the perfect add in food. They can be added to soups, salad, (I love them on my salads), pastas, stir fry’s just about anything.
I finished it off with a sprinkling of sesame seeds, kelp granules, that’s the black you see and a drizzle of hot chili oil.
This dish came together in less than 15 minutes, perfect when you’re hungry.
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cups of sugar snap peas
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- ½ cup spiralized or julienned carrots, I used one whole carrot
- Ground sea salt to taste
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- kelp granules (optional)
- Hot chili oil (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger, sauté just until fragrant.
- Add sugar snaps and sauté 2 to 3 minutes, add in peas and carrots and continue to sauté another 3 minutes
- Season with salt to taste.
- Transfer to serving dish, sprinkle with sesame seeds, kelp and drizzle with hot chili oil before serving.
- Serving Size: 1.5
- Calories: 217
- Sugar: 7.9
- Sodium: 25
- Fat: 14.1
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 6.1
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 0
Shared with: Anything Goes-Marilyn’s Treats, Making Memories Mondays- three kids and a fish0