Spring has sprung, and I’m loving it!
The weather is perfect for hanging outdoors with friends and family, and when friends and family gather, we have to have good food in the mix. Since it was an impromptu gathering we scoured the fridge and pantry, kinda like a TV game show where you have to use only what you have available to create a meal.
Lucky for everyone, earlier I had made a batch of OMG awesome Roasted Tomato Chutney, this stuff is absolutely fantastico.
You can pair it with just about anything you want – Mixed it with soup, with a bowl of veggies, pasta salad, or simply on grilled toast, it makes a great appetizer.
We grilled some baby zucchini, red pepper and shitake mushrooms and got creative.
Some topped a bed of greens with grilled shitake and chutney, while the rest of us, me included, made sandwiches.
Load those grilled veggies with some Roasted Red Pepper Chutney and whatever else you like, and you will have yourself the most delectable, beautiful sandwich.
A beautiful work of art, don’t you agree!Print
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ¾ cup chopped carrots
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon, cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- sea salt to taste
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, brush washed and dried tomatoes with olive oil.
- Place tomatoes on a shallow baking pan and place in heated oven and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until they are soft, toss occasionally to avoid sticking.
- While tomatoes are roasting, sauté onions and carrots in a sauce pot with 1 tablespoon olive oil until they have started to soften.
- Add in garlic and continue to sauté until garlic becomes fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in vinegar, lemon juice, cinnamon, brown sugar, roasted tomatoes and a dash of sea salt.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook until mixture thickens, about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking.
- Taste and season with more salt as needed and add a dash of red pepper flakes if you like a bit of heat.
- Transfer to glass container for storage.
- Enjoy with just about anything you like.
- Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
- Calories: 22
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 63.9
- Fat: 1.2
- Saturated Fat: 0.2
- Carbohydrates: 2.8
- Fiber: 0.4
- Protein: 0.3
This post shared with:
Tidy Mom I’m Lovin It Link Party, Shaken Together Life Creativity Unleashed , The Shabby Nest Frugal Friday Link Party, My Romantic Home Show and Tell Link Party, Savvy Southern Style-WOW Us Wednesdays, My Girlish hims-Your Whims Wednesday Link Party, Sew Crafty Angel-Wake-Up Wednesday Link Party3