Red Chile Sauce AKA Enchilada Sauce-Quick Version. ready in 15 minutes or less. Just blend, cook and done.
- 7oz. can chipotle chilies in Adobe sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, more if you like
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar(optional)
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 1/4 tsp salt to taste
Rough chop the chipotle peppers and transfer to blender along with the next 9 ingredients, blend until smooth.
Heat oil in small saucepan over medium heat, whisk in flour, cook 1 to 2 minutes.
Pour blended mixture into a saucepan and whisk until smooth. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes until sauce thickens.
Store sauce in an airtight container in the fridge until needed for up to 2 weeks. Sauce can also be bagged and stored in the freezer for 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 42kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 287mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0