Superfood, Super Delicious, Chili Chocolate Bark!
It’s so amazingly yummy, you may lose your self-control.
Smooth dark chocolate with a crunch of cashew, dried coconut and a hint of heat from hot chili oil, every bite will leave you wanting more.
I’m not a big candy bar eater, but I love making batches of bark because I control the ingredients. I usually make a double batch and freeze half, if I lose control, there’s always more.
That’s what great about bark, other than the fact that it’s delicious, it’s fast and easy to make.
As far as candy goes, I like to think of this as a much healthier version of candy.
Dark chocolate…good for your heart.
Coconut…speeds metabolism, high in fiber and improves digestion.
Cashews…lower in fat than most other nuts and high in proanthocyanidins, a flavanol which help keep cancer cells from dividing.
This bark is a melt in your mouth slab of deliciousness with just a touch of heat from the addition of hot chili oil.
Hot chili oil… anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
The heat in this bark is subtle and warms a bit after swallowed. You may just need to make more than one batch, one to share and one just for yourself.
Chili Chocolate Bark
- 1/2 cup coconut chips
- 12 oz. package of dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter
- 3 cups whole cashews
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place all but 3 tablespoons of coconut chips in food processor, process until finely shredded, set aside for later.
- Place a medium glass or metal bowl over simmering water bath.
- Place chocolate chips, coconut butter and hot chili oil in bowl and stir gently as it begins to melt.
- Remove bowl from saucepan when almost all of the chocolate chips are melted, add in the cashew butter and continue to stir until mixture is smooth and all chips are melted.
- Mix in the cashews and shredded coconut until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to parchment lined baking sheet and spread evenly. Sprinkle on remaining coconut chips, and place in fridge, allow to cool completely.
- When completely firm, break into pieces.
- Serve and Enjoy!
|Serving Size||2 oz.|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 3020kcal Calories from fat 2085|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 232g||357%|
|Saturated Fat 74g||370%|
|Dietary Fiber 24g||96%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|