This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BestLifeProject #CollectiveBias
I honestly believe that everything we need to have optimal health can be found in the foods we eat.
Our busy lifestyles can sometimes make it difficult to make the right food choices. I definitely went through a time when I was reaching for more processed convenience foods over real foods. I wasn’t eating breakfast because it took too much time. Feeling more and more run down I decided to make some changes. That’s when I became a vegetarian and smoothies became a part of my morning routine, I started having green smoothies every morning. Quickest breakfast ever!
While training for my first half-marathon my training coach with Team In Training encouraged me to experiment with different pre and post workout products. I tried a lot of them, but the one I liked the most was the Vega brand. I use the Vega Sport to help fuel my long runs and for recovery after runs.
I like the Vega brand because it’s a plant-based protein made from whole food ingredients, and now they have a new product, Vega Essentials Shake for their on-the-go line. I purchased mine from one of my favorite stores, Target. You can find it on the proteins aisle near the nutritional supplements. Oh, by the way it’s available in chocolate or vanilla and it taste great. It’s dairy, soy, and gluten-free with no added sugar, artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners.
Like I said before I think that we can get everything we need from our food, but sometimes it’s nice to have a boost. Vega Essentials is my smoothie booster, I throw in all the veggies and fruits I want and for the extra bump in protein I add a scoop of Vega Essentials. I don’t use it everyday, but on those short on time busy days it’s my go to boost for protein and nutrition. It’s faster than a bowl of cereal, ever tried eating cereal and driving at the same time? Trust me it doesn’t work. And for those super busy days I drink a shake as an afternoon snack.
Occasionally I scoop some in recipes like muffins, pancakes, and protein bars. With the weather is getting a bit cooler I’m craving something more than just a smoothie in the mornings. Other than a smoothie one of the quickest things to make for breakfast is overnight oats, so I put it in my overnight oats.
Just mix non-dairy milk with Vega Essentials Shake powder….
Pour over oats….
Add in chia seeds and coconut yogurt, stir, cover and place in fridge overnight.
Garnish the next morning with topping of your choice, enjoy and live your best life!
What will you make with your Vega Essentials Shake? Let me know, take a picture and tag it #thewholeserving on Instagram so I can see! Check out more recipes for the Vega brand on their blog.
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop Vega Essentials Shake-vanilla flavor
- 1 cup oats (1/2 cup for each jar or bowl)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds-1tablespoon for each jar or bowl (I used white but use what you have)
- 1/8 cup coconut yogurt (about 3 tablespoons)
- sliced bananas
- fresh raspberries
- fresh blackberries
- crushed almonds
- Pour milk into bowl of blender, add one scoop of Vega Essentials Shake powder, blend until smooth.
- Scoop 1/2 cup oats into each glass jar or bowl, I used two working glasses with lids.
- Pour half the milk mixture into each jar or bowl, add in 1 tablespoon each chia seeds into each jar and coconut yogurt, stir to combine.
- Cover securely and place in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning take from fridge, remove lid, garnish with topping of your choice and enjoy.
- I take mine out of the fridge about 15 to 20 minutes before eating because I don’t like my oats ice cold.