- 2 cups quartered strawberries, measured after they have been quartered
- 2/3 cups strawberry shrub
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups of finely chopped strawberries, optional
- Place strawberries, shrub, lemon juice, zest, mint and chia seeds in a blender. Puree until mixture is your desired consistency.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and add in the remaining chia seeds, and strawberries. Mix well. You canals add in more mint if you like.
- Transfer to glass jar seal and place in the fridge several hours or overnight. Jam will thicken as it cools.
Jam should keep in the fridge 2 week to 10 days.
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 11
- Sugar: 0.8
- Sodium: 0.4
- Fat: 0.4
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 1.8
- Fiber: 0.7
- Protein: 8.3
- Cholesterol: 0