Soft and tender on the inside and slightly crisp on the outside these Ginger Spice Cookies pair perfectly with a glass of milk. Make some for Santa!!!
They’re home for holiday break so have fun and bake Ginger Spice Cookies!!!
From the measuring of the ingredients, forming balls and rolling them in sugar to having fun decorating them, it’s a fun math and reading activity. Your little ones will have fun making and eating them.
These cookies are soft and tender on the inside and slightly crisp on the outside because of the sugar. Pairs perfectly with a glass of milk.
I have been a cookie baking Mama lately baking batches upon batches for the Food Blogger Cookie Swap and baking cookies for gift giving to the mail carriers, Fedex, UPS and teachers. These Ginger Spice Cookies are among one of my favorites recipes. It takes a lot of will power to not eat the entire batch, yeah they’re that good.
So heat up your ovens, call in your kids, make a list of gift recipients and get baking. Don’t forget to save some for Santa.
- 1/2 cup room temperature, Earth Balance
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup white whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 2 1/2 tablespoons natural sugar in a small bowl
- Sugar Glaze
- 1 1/2 cup all natural powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone pan liner.
- In a medium bowl cream together room temperature vegan butter (I used Earth Balance), molasses, milk and vanilla with hand mixer until well combined.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and all of the spices.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, combine until all flour is mixed in completely.
- Using a small melon scope, scope out dough, about 1 tablespoon, roll into balls, roll dough in bowl of suger, place on baking sheet about two inches apart.
- Bake for 8 and a half minutes.
- While cookies are baking mix the sugar glaze ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Transfer to a piping bag or zip bag with a small hole cut at the tip.
- When cookies are cooled, decorate with sugar glaze.
- Serve or package cookies to give as gifts.
- Have fun and enjoy!!!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 64
- Sugar: 8.4
- Sodium: 76.4
- Fat: 0.6
- Saturated Fat: 0.3
- Carbohydrates: 14.6
- Fiber: 1.1
- Protein: .9
This post shared with: Linda @Costal Charm Show and Share Link Party, Memories By The Mile Treasure Box Tuesday Party, Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Link Party, Home Stories A to Z Link Party, Oh My Heartsie Girl Wonderful Wednesday’s Link Party, Best of The Blogosphere Link Party