- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup chopped jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1 medium avocado
- juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- FOR SANDWICH
- sliced bread of your choice, I used whole wheat
- sliced cucumbers
- sliced tomatoes
- FOR SALAD
- mixed greens
- Place drained chickpeas in a medium bowl and mash them using the back of a fork or potato masher, leaving some chunks of peas.
- Slice avocado and scoop it out using a large spoon into a small bowl. Squeeze the juice of the lime over the avocado and mash using the back of a fork and add the mashed avocado to the chickpeas.
- Add in the onions, jalapeño, and cilantro, stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pile salad onto lightly toasted bread and top with tomatoes and cucumbers or topping of your choice for sandwich.
- For a salad, place mixed greens on a plate and place a scoop of chickpea salad on top of the greens.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Calories: 243
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 267
- Fat: 10.4
- Saturated Fat: 1.3
- Carbohydrates: 32.1
- Fiber: 11.2
- Protein: 8.9
- Cholesterol: 0