- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (optional)
- fresh mint or basil leaves or herb of your choice (optional)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Place vinegar, maple syrup and herbs, if using, and blackberries in a small saucepan, gently crush some of the berries with your fingers or back of a spoon, bring to a boil, once boiling reduce heat to low.
- Allow glaze to gently simmer, stirring occasionally.
- When glaze has reduced by ⅓ to ½ and costs the back of a spoon, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour glaze through a fine mesh strainer to separate glaze from the berries and herbs.
- Place the separated berry mixture in a separate container and use as a jam.
- Both will thicken as they cool. Store both on an airtight container in your fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 24
- Sugar: 3.8
- Sodium: 5
- Fat: 0.1
- Carbohydrates: 4.8
- Fiber: 0.6
- Protein: 0.3
- Cholesterol: 0