Easy Roasted Berry Mint Compote – Super easy, fruity and delicious! It’s perfect for breakfast toppings, snacks, desserts and so much more.
Compote, what is it?
According to Merriam Webster compote is a dessert of fruit cooked in syrup. However, for me a compote is so much more than a dessert, it’s a condiment with so many possibilities. When making compote you can use one fruit or a combination of fruit. I used a combo of strawberries, blueberries and mint, but you can use whatever fruit combo you like. I didn’t want to make it overly sweet with sugar, so I combined the fruit with a small amount of agave and balsamic vinegar glaze instead of sugar. This Blackberry Balsamic Glaze is a great option. I also chose to roast the fruit in the oven over boiling on stove top.
Roasting the fruit gives it bolder flavor in my opinion and it’s a lot easier than standing over a boiling pot of fruit.
Typically compotes are used over pancakes, yogurt, cake, and ice cream to name a few. But I also like to use it over soft cheeses like Brie or goat cheese, so delicious.
Easy Roasted Berry Mint Compote
- 1 lb. of fresh strawberries
- 1 pint of fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar glaze or Blackberry Balsamic Glaze
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- extra mint for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- After washing the fruit, hull and slice the strawberries.
- Place the sliced strawberries and blueberries on a shallow baking pan, drizzle with balsamic glaze and your choice of agave or maple syrup, and sprinkle on mint, toss to coat.
- Place in preheated oven and roast for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Transfer to a serving dish or storage container. Store in fridge.When serving garnish with more mint.
- Serve over pancakes, waffles, yogurt, toast, soft cheeses and more, be creative and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 223kcal Calories from fat 11|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 10g||40%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
How do you like to use compote?