I hope everyone had a Very Merry Christmas and made some wonderful new memories with family and friends, enjoyed lots of good food and got all you wanted? If you didn’t, just go shopping.
However, I’ve decided to enjoy a relaxing, do much of nothing day at home.
I must admit, I ate too much yesterday, so I’m going for a cleansing, much lighter fare today.
Broccoli, carrots, cranberries, onions and walnuts are all on the cleansing foods list, and they are all in this tasty salad. Super easy to make, everything goes in a bowl, toss with the Miso dressing and it’s ready to enjoy.
Crispy, crunchy, healthy, yummy salad, that’s what this is.
You can enjoy this tasty salad alone or as a side.
I enjoyed a big bowl of this yummy salad all alone.
Broccoli Salad With Miso Dressing
- 5 cups blanched broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Miso Sesame Dressing
Miso Sesame Dressing
- 2 tablespoons mild yellow miso paste
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Click HERE for directions on blanching.
- Put all salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients until well combined.
- Toss dressing with salad just before serving.
|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 161kcal Calories from fat 77|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 9g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
For more information on detox and cleansing foods check out Bembu.com.