Blueberry Raspberry & Apple Tart, topped off with Wild Blueberry Sauce, amazing texture and flavor. Perfect for summer holiday gatherings.
I love eating berries, by the handful, over cereal, yogurt or ice cream, but in honor of the 4th of July I created this Blueberry Raspberry & Apple Tart.
Guess what?, it’s easy to make. The crust comes together really fast, but you can easily use a pre-made crust. When baking your tart crust I highly recommend using a two-part tart pan.
Toss together the fruit with fresh lemon juice and zest. Sweeten with maple syrup, agave or cane sugar. I chose to sweeten with a couple tablespoons of agave, which created a lightly sweetened tart. If you like a sweeter tart, you may want to use a combination of agave and cane sugar or just simply sweeten to taste with cane sugar alone. Finally stir in flour to help thicken the juice as it cooks. After cooling a bit, spread the top with some Wild Blueberry Sauce and serve plain or with a scoop of frozen yogurt or ice cream. A bit of advice, make more than one, it’s so delicious it won’t be around long.A bit of advice, when you make this awesome tart, make more than one, it's so delicious it won’t be around long.Click To Tweet
Blueberry Raspberry & Apple Tart
- Tart Crust
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pure cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted vegan butter, chilled
- 2 tablespoons, or more of cold water
- Tart Filling
- 2 medium or 1 large granny Smith apple, cubed
- 1 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- zest of one medium lemon
- Juice of one lemon, about 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave or pure cane sugar
- for a sweeter tart add more sweetener to your taste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup Wild Blueberry Sauce
- Food Processor Method:
- Place flour, sugar and salt in the food processor.
- Cut the butter into small cubes, add them to the flour and process using rapid off-on pulses, until mixture resembles small particles.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the water and process a couple of seconds. Add another tablespoon of water and pulse. Feel the dough, it should be damp enough to form a tough mass, not too wet. Add a few more drops of water if necessary.
- Transfer dough to a floured work surface and work into a round. You can use the dough right away or chill before rolling out.
- When you are ready, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roll the dough on a floured work surface into a ⅛ to ¼ inch thick and 11 to 12 inch diameter.
- Drape the rolled dough over your rolling pin and transfer to tart pan. Gently pat the overhang in around the bottom of the pan and trim off the remaining overhang.
- Prick the bottom of crust with a fork, line with parchment and pie weights or beans and blind bake for 10 minutes.
- Hand Method: Combine flour, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Cut the vegan butter into small cubes and add to bowl. With your fingertips or pastry blender, blend until mixture resembles small particles.
- Add one tablespoon of water to flour and mix into flour. Mix in another tablespoon of water and mix well. Dough should be damp enough to come together between your fingers, but not sticky. Add in more water if necessary, or more flour if dough is too wet.
- When dough is the correct consistency, proceed with step 4 from above.
- While crust is baking mix together the fruit, lemon juice, zest, your choice of sweetener, and flour in a large bowl.
- When crust is ready, spread fruit mixture in tart crust.
- Bake tart for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Allow tart to cool slightly before spreading the top with Wild Blueberry Sauce.
- When ready, simply slice and serve as is or serve with frozen yogurt, ice cream or a dollop of whipped topping.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 284kcal Calories from fat 128|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 14g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
If you make this recipe take a picture and tag @thewholeserving on Instagram and hashtag it #thewholeserving, I want to see your version of Blueberry Raspberry & Apple Tart.