Avocado and Chocolate – Make your own smooth, creamy and decadent chocolate spread in just minutes. If you don’t tell, no one will ever know that it’s a mix of avocado and cacao powder. It’s simply delicious, Avocado Chocolate Sauce.
The other day I went to the fridge for some chocolate spread and there wasn’t any. No problem, I’ll just make some with chocolate chips, wait, I don’t have any. Now what? Still dressed in my stay at home wear, I was not prepared to get dressed to go to the store. Suddendly I had that light bulb moment, just make it using my last avocado and some cacao powder.
I only needed a small amout so the fact that I only had one avocado was perfect. I simply threw everything in the processor and in minutes I had myself a smooth and creamy chocolate spread.
I sweetened the chocolate with maple syrup and added a small amount of vanilla and a pinch of sea salt to balance out the flavors. For me there was no avocado taste, just a wonderful taste of chocolate.
I made these super delicious open face strawberry sandwiches using this decadent Avocado Chocolate Sauce for an afternoon snack. So if you ever find yourself in need of a chocolate sauce or spread, give this one a try.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- slices of bread of your choice, toasted
- cream cheese or vegan cream cheese
- batch of Avocado Chocolate
- sliced strawberries
- mint leaves for garnish
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until completely smooth. You can also mix by hand or hand held blender.
- If there are leftovers store in an airtight container in your fridge.
- To make toast, spread cream cheese over the toast, spread chocolate spread over cream cheese, arrange strawberries over chocolate.
- Garnish wit mint and serve immediately.
If you make this recipe or a version of it, take a picture and share with me on Instagram, tag it #thewholeserving or leave a comment below. I’d love to see or read about your version and how you used your Avocado Chocolate Sauce.